1. Runner’s KneeA common condition that most affects individuals that partake is repeated activities that involve their knees. While the name may suggest that it only applies to runners, any activity can cause it to occur. If you have runner's knee, you will experience pain when going down stairs and it usually includes swelling and tenderness on the kneecap. Getting rid of your knee pain going down stairs is easy:
- Reduce or eliminate repetitious activity until healed.
- Apply ice.
- Elevate the knee when you can.
- Take a pain reliever such as Ibuprofen or Aleve.
- Optional: compression with an ACE wrap or compression sock.